Wednesday, October 08, 2003
Where is my digicam! 
Answer: probably waiting for me at home. Yay.

I don't believe it. Arnie actually won. Now, I know jack shit about politics, so, I probably can't comment on his suitability for the job. All I'll say is, give him a chance, he probably has a team of advisors around him anyway. Which begs the question, why didn't one of them stand instead? Because its not a good public image. Image is everything, and it blows.

After yesterday's amazing happenings, today will probably be quite mundane. Internet is still flaky, the power went off again across the school because the electricity people were in to have a look at it. Meaning the servers were down. Grr.

People in computer shops annoy me, they need shooting. I can't believe the amount of wrong information they give to customers. I won't go into anything specific because its boring, but just go into a shop and listen, and you won't believe it. I wouldn't be the first to suggest that staff push people onto certain brands because they were being offered stuff, by the way. Very dodgy.

This HL2 source leak is very dodgy. I think personally they needed more time to finish the game and decided to make some extra PR noise about it as well. Again, dodgy. But the whole game is bathed in conspiracy. Ie, the customer loses out because ATI won a battle to get their optimisations done better instead of Nvidia :x

Oh, and Gabe Newell is a cunt.

o0o an SMS from Adele. I like it when that happens. I hope I get more from her. Regularly. I should probably hush now *giggle*

I really dont want to do any work today if I can help it, ive been sat here 2 hours now and Ive done nothing, apart from ring HP support. And they keep giving me the wrong fax numbers for stuff

It's cold, im putting my coat back on.

My ear is really sore, dammit.

I took my coat off for 10 seconds, realised it was still cold and put it back on again.

Im actually typing into here in a lame attempt to make it look like im typing something really important, when actually im not. Perhaps I'll write a song, about my job. Here goes.

Binary World

Packet switching, users bitching
Lights are blinking, admin's thinking
Request timed out, he's seen it all before.
Firewalls blocking, ping times shocking,
Datas flowing, transfers slowing
Cables lying tangled on the floor.

It's a binary world, technology unfurled,
And it all comes crashing down.
They all think that it's his fault, the network screeches to a halt
Causing chaos all around.

Screens are flashing, Laptops crashing
CD's spinning, admin's grinning
And he wont let the bastards wear him down,
He flicks the switch to keep them rich,
It's all back up, no data's corrupt,
Then they'll never make a sound.

It's a binary world, technology unfurled,
And it all comes crashing down.
They all think that it's his fault, the network screeches to a halt
Causing chaos all around.

Interlude, modem noises, digital stuff, guitar solo over top.

It's a binary world, technology unfurled,
And it all comes crashing down.
They all think that it's his fault, the network screeches to a halt
Causing chaos all around.

Just call me Bob Dylan, mk. 2.

// posted by TehHustler @ 1:27 PM


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?