Monday, January 05, 2004
Back to work 
Another year, and another term, and I'm back at work in my support/techie/general dogsbody role. It pays the bills but I hate it, and I definitely want to quit after July. I want to stay for more than a year so it doesn't look bad on my CV, i.e., makes me look like the type of person that flies from job to job and never stays at one for a long period of time.

Amber asked me yesterday if I wanted to move in with her if she makes it to the UK. While I would enjoy that immensely, it scares the shit out of me. I like my nice comfy happy home with my mum! Or at least, I think I do. Moving out is scary, and I don't know when I'd be ready for it. At least if I start looking for new jobs from July I'd be in a better position to do it.

Oh my god Emma is back in less than a week! I can't wait to see her. I just hope she feels the same way about me still, and doesn't want to see me dead :-)

On the way to my grandparents on Sunday with my mum driving, I left my laptop on, scanning for WiFi networks. I found 13, and that was just driving down the normal roads, no deviation. Something to check out one day with Peter and Matt methinks.

I'm already bored stiff. I wish this job was going somewhere, I wish my boss had some idea of what planning was, and had me doing jobs, instead of just sitting here in a support role. If noone tells me what to do, I can't do it. Thats another reason why this job sucks, sometimes I'm literally sat in my office doing nothing all day because there isn't anything to do. The computers work, they're all up to date, nothing is on the job list. The whole point of this is to plan for the future, but that's not my job. I'm the technician. Ask for my opinion, I'll give it to you. Ask me to plan for things, and I won't, I'm not the ICT coordinator, I just fix things. *sigh* Looks like I'm being shafted.

Ahahaha I got asked to turn on a projector and the reason it wasn't working was because the power switch wasn't on. Dumb teachers.

Simon is being a cock again, I wouldn't mind, but it's only first day back and he's already talking down to me and being a complete arsebandit.

So, I guess this is where I do my whole New Year speech shit. Enjoy:

It's been good lately, I have (some) good friends, family life is....well, it's ok, but not perfect, job could be better but at least I have one and at least I have money coming in. I have a girlfriend that I love and adore, stuff could be worse. However, I don't truely think that everything is OK yet. Nothing truely reaches out and grabs me about my life.

I need stimulation, which is why I'm *definitely* going to form a band, this year, and get it off the ground. I'm going to do more of the meeting people stuff, I've neglected friends for too long, they're hard to come by and I shouldn't be hard on the ones I've pushed away. I will carry on being a ninja-badminton freak in some lame attempt to get rid of my evergrowing beerbelly. I will get back into gaming full time, and play with friends. I shall basically try and fill my time so that I'm not bored, because if i have no drive, I may as well be dead.

Also, I really fucking need to learn to drive, pronto. That scares the shit out of me though, and with good reason. Seven years in a car with my mum is enough to scare the bejesus out of anyone, mark my words.

I think that just about covers everything. If I think of anything else, I'll let you know. Feel free to suggest something.

Right, thats that done with. We now return you to your scheduled programming.

// posted by TehHustler @ 11:22 AM


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?